• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Resource icon

NPC kazin

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
It is very well done, I like the artistic style, the only problem I see is that you use 19 colors, when you only need 15, the rest looks great: D I can see it as a necromancer kazin n.n

Avplatis

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
The program I am using is not easy to use. I am a true novice. I don't know how to count the colors. I am currently working on a Dark Kazin ? batttle sprite any suggestions or edits changes made to what I post are welcome. I admire your work - skilled animations.

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
That is incredible work, Avplatis! Really terrific job all around. I use PhotoShop CS6 which has an option to count the total number of image colours via the Image > Mode > Color Table option, and this feature is present in older and the newer CC (Creative Cloud) release, but I'm not very familiar with other image editing programs.

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
In my case, I use photoshop cs5, it is the same as stive says, although you can also simply save the image as a gif and reduce the number of colors from there or replace them directly before saving. do you have discord? I could help you with some things n.n the collaboration is always useful, you can find me there as Lynx

Avplatis

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I use an old version of MS paint! What is a discord, Lynx? I must remember to google this.

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
I use an old version of MS paint! What is a discord, Lynx? I must remember to google this.
I personally use Aseprite. It makes palette management easier to deal with.

As for Kazin, I did make a set for him for use with the SF2GU.

Let me know and I can send you the frames to work off of that.

Discord is a great place to chat and coordinate within the community. I have updated my mod pages to include a link to it. Feel free to reach out to me, there.

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
You can also access the group of the page shown in the following image.

IMAGEN1.png