• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Centaur Characters [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MienshaoX

Shining Supporter
Reaction score
Another Earnest eh? Must be National Earnest Day anyway's looks good your graphic upgrade mod was one of the things that inspired me to work on LOGI 2.0. Keep up the good work

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Another Earnest eh? Must be National Earnest Day anyway's looks good your graphic upgrade mod was one of the things that inspired me to work on LOGI 2.0. Keep up the good work
Thanks, if you need help with anything on that project let me know

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Earnest looks incredible! He fits in very well with the original centaur design and... whoa, dat black design is awesome!

I'm going to streamline the artwork sharing tools over the next few days. This will effectively mean that the animations will be performed on the fly and will not require the user to create an animated gif or anything of the like. My aim is to make it as easy as possible for everybody all around. In truth, we have this in place right now, and I use it for my submissions, but I'll be making it even easier ASAP and will post a guide (which will likely be quite short as it'll be a pretty pain-free endeavour to share artwork).

tl;dr Earnest <3

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Music to my ears! ???

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
When I was making the new centaur sprites I wanted to keep somewhat somewhat similar to the originals, and since I didn’t want to make things too complicated by making new animation sections in the editor(editor likes to throw a tandrum when expanding things I’ve noticed).

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
One thing I’d change on him is the armor. Since it’s not quite the same as everyone else’s in his portrait. The shoulders are bulkier and whatnot.

MienshaoX

Shining Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I’d change on him is the armor. Since it’s not quite the same as everyone else’s in his portrait. The shoulders are bulkier and whatnot.
I agree he seems to have more of a tanky armor set than the others

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Another awesome update, man! So glad I checked in before heading out. I'm going to have a proper good look when I get back later.

For now, until I can get around to writing up the guide, here's how to have them displayed properly and automatically animated:

1. Upload the battle sprites to your post/resource using the upload option
  2. Enter...
    Code:
    [battle_sprites][/battle_sprites]
    ...into your post and in between the two tags, insert the sprite Full Images. It should look like this:
1CuCjAP.png

At present, I have set it up so that the animation will support as many as seven unique frames, but I can extend that easily enough if need be.

Keep up the awesome work!

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
I dont think the editor allows more than 7 frames anyway, so that should be plenty. Thanks, I'll try that out and put more up

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
I'm getting there :) you'll see the page change as i work out the nuances

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
No worries, it takes some getting used to and it could definitely be improved. I still haven't decided how best to handle weapon sprite submissions, but I'm hoping to cook something up tomorrow.

I forgot to mention it before, but there is a little Max icon in the post editor which when clicked will auto-generate the necessary BBCode, ready to fill in:

fFYGgsT.png

I will probably replace the graphic tomorrow with an actual battle sprite, and let that icon serve as a map sprite BBCode generator, but for the next 24 hours or so it'll work for battle sprites.

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
I noticed the button after a little bit :) I'm moving in the centaur sprites now, up to vankar. I ran into the 50 sprite limit :( Is there a way to have the frames sitting on the left to not touch the animation side on the right?

Last edited:

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot? I actually hit a similar problem earlier and was sure I'd fixed it. I'm looking at your (awesome!) resource page now and see no issues, so my first thought is it could be resolution-based, but I'll be able to fix it quicker if I'm able to see what you see.

Also... whoa! Those centaurs look great! All of 'em! I might actually have to consider using Vankar now... that mullet is fabulous! :p

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot? I actually hit a similar problem earlier and was sure I'd fixed it. I'm looking at your (awesome!) resource page now and see no issues, so my first thought is it could be resolution-based, but I'll be able to fix it quicker if I'm able to see what you see.

Also... whoa! Those centaurs look great! All of 'em! I might actually have to consider using Vankar now... that mullet is fabulous! :p
After adjusting the screen (zooming out with (ctrl + mouse scroll) that fixed it(duh)

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Status
Not open for further replies.