• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Resource icon

Force Member Mawlock

MienshaoX

Shining Supporter
Reaction score
Ah perfect i was looking for Mawlock for awhile! Looks even better than the gba version. Do you plan on doing anymore of the gba cast? Id love to see the gba version of Hans portrait in sf1 form (edgy Hans is the best hans :) )

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
So good to see Mawlock in the original SF1! Excellent work, @Lynx

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Ah perfect i was looking for Mawlock for awhile! Looks even better than the gba version. Do you plan on doing anymore of the gba cast? Id love to see the gba version of Hans portrait in sf1 form (edgy Hans is the best hans :) )

I had thought of recreating the portraits of all the playable characters in the gba version and adding them to my section of Lynx Portrait Gallery

I have the original arts, I just need to find time, now I will have a few days off, maybe I will do something.
ejem.png

Last edited:

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
These are too awesome not to use somehow. It sucks that we can't implement the card system but I think Mawlock could be a Mage or something.

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
These are too awesome not to use somehow. It sucks that we can't implement the card system but I think Mawlock could be a Mage or something.

Well, you should be able to, if you used a program like game maker, or unity, there are always ways to achieve something, just that they are difficult, maybe in the future someone can make it work well.

right now I'm doing some new portraits and improving odd-eyes to make it work on sf1 and sf2 (retaining the original design of its enemy version)
and merging it with the one that I publish steve, since the version I made had many flaws, and it was very big.

Keif

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
TECHNICALLY speaking, in the S.F 1 Editor, you COULD use Extended Item and do cards per CLASS, not CHARACTER. I plan on implimenting that into a hack.

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
TECHNICALLY speaking, in the S.F 1 Editor, you COULD use Extended Item and do cards per CLASS, not CHARACTER. I plan on implimenting that into a hack.
It's not possible to implement all the effects from RotDD though.

MienshaoX

Shining Supporter
Reaction score
Well, you should be able to, if you used a program like game maker, or unity, there are always ways to achieve something, just that they are difficult, maybe in the future someone can make it work well.

right now I'm doing some new portraits and improving odd-eyes to make it work on sf1 and sf2 (retaining the original design of its enemy version)
and merging it with the one that I publish steve, since the version I made had many flaws, and it was very big.
Chaoswizard98's engine should work flawlessly with this idea