• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Resource icon

Force Member Playable Kane

Lobo

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hey!
This cracked helmet is a great idea to be used just after the battle we beat Kane! :)

I would suggest only it didn't have the red eyes.
And, maybe, a more diagonal crack that would fit his scar?

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Possibly...I was thinking of using the non scarred kane for when he confronts darksol the first time. The only reason i put it on his right cheek was because of that eye, always looked wierd. I could just flip the image, that should d the trick :)

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Great sets, @Erikin84! I personally prefer Kane's map sprites that use the 'enemy' palette, but to be honest I can hardly make out the colours when I'm playing the game. The broken helmet portrait designs also looks spot on! Good job!

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I strongly suggest that someone make an an alternate model for the Dual Wielding version. One where the sabers are no longer a part of it so we can give him different weapons. But I do think the Broad Sword should be a part of his model like with his enemy battle sprite. I'm thinking replace the Sword of Light with that. That way he can have the Dawn Breaker in one hand.

I see the Sword of Darkness in his left and the Sword of Light in his right. And The Sword of Darkness is his other signature weapon and the one he uses to attack with. Hence the reason why I say the one on the right should be replaced by a Broad Sword as part of the model and the one on the left being empty unless he is equipped with an equippable weapon of our choice. Just for certain other mods I mean.

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I'm saying I think someone should make a version where he Dual Wields The Sword of Darkness and The Broad Sword like his enemy counterpart. But make the broad sword a part of his model and allow us to change the weapon he is equipped with so different ones can show up in his battle sprites. Sorry if that came out wrong.