• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

SFCD Archers & Snipers

Force Member SFCD Archers & Snipers

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Firstly: An awesome first submission! The palette Sega employed in SFCD is so much more vibrant and fantasy-like, and provides the archers with that extra character (presumably they're quite bright and cheery?).

Secondly: I am also pretty blown away that you were able to pick up how the dynamic animation works and your formatting looks flawless even though I've been lagging behind on writing a guide.

Edit: If interested, attached to this post is a zip of all of your archer sprites in three folders: 'original', 'sf1_format' and 'sf2_format'. I'll update your Resource page now with the Caravan compatible format in order to sort out the transparency issue. If you feel up to sharing the SF1/SF1Edit compatible sprite set in the SF1 Resources section, that would be awesome but no worries if not. The 'original' folder houses all of your transparent-background sprites.

Cheers again for posting these!

Edit 2: Big misunderstanding on my part - thank you for containing me via Discord and bringing me up to speed. I'll get your resource page reverted back to its original state first thing tomorrow and apply a fix for the transparency issue on the animation preview.

Attachments

• sfmods_128.zip
    68.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
Um, people are still using the Caravan? :devilish:

Well, fine! I'll go make my own GIFs... with blackjack and hookers!

Actually, forget about the blackjack and hookers.

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
I wasn't actually aware that newer, more advanced tools were available. Perhaps I'm just getting too old and behind the times. I'll get your page reverted now.

I'd love to hear more about what sort of tools are currently available for SF2 modders to enjoy.

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
Thank you for your support, @Steve. You're on top of things, as always. (y)

I"m glad that you like these rips. They may not be my own creations, but I assure you that I was excessively meticulous in formatting these resources so that they'd appear in SF2 exactly as they did in SFCD.

Just to be clear, for everyone else who may be reading this, these graphics are being formatted specially to be imported using Wiz's SF2 Disassembly Tool Suite although, as Steve informed me, they can apparently be imported through other editors just fine.

I guess I really should introduce the SF2DISASM project to this forum at some point!

RedArcher

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Contributor
Reaction score
I guess I really should introduce the SF2DISASM project to this forum at some point!
Yes, please do :) It'll be a great help to all who intend to mod SF II in some way.

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
If there's anything I can do to help promote sharing SF2 sprites in a specific format, please do let me know and I can introduce instructions to the SF2 assets submissions form.

I do recall you mentioning that sprites should be shared with a transparent background, but I'm not familiar with any additional requirements. Presumabky gif format and with the same dimensions as those previously established?

I'd love to help in any way possible. Thank you considering having the new tools hosyd here.