Shining Force Alternate

Erikin84

Shining Supporter
Staff member
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
I am working on a new mod for Shining Force, it’s currently dubbed “Shining Force Alternate”.

What I have envisioned for this is to have the game have only 11 joinable characters that will stick with you for the entirety of the game, they will join throughout the game at certain times, some where they normally have not joined.. Those 11 are made up of hand picked characters I have chosen. I’d tell you who but that would ruin the surprise ;)

There will be some major changes to the story for some characters to fit in my new “alternate” timeline of Shining Force...a lot of the story driven dialogue is being rewritten.

For everyone else that doesn’t join, I’ll have them in the world fulfilling other roles or have some funny/serious dialogue sending them on their way. Some may even have a small story arch.

I am half way completed with the story changes and when that is finished I will continue on with gameplay and balance. Other changes like who can equip certain types of weapons, their abilities, new enemy types, etc. will also be implemented.

That’s all I have to announce for now. But I am working hard on it and will hopefully have it closer to completion and released sometime next month

Last edited:

Steve

Shining Supporter
Staff member
Oh man, this sounds awesome! Very ambitious indeed! I wonder who the 11 joinable characters may be... the 'alternate timeline' idea makes me wonder if perhaps Max may even get swapped out.