• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Shining Force Graphic Upgrade & Brothers Mod Merged patch

Shining Force Graphic Upgrade & Brothers Mod Merged patch BM V3.0 & SFGU 2.1

MienshaoX

Shining Supporter
Reaction score
Very interesting combination these two mods were the biggest inspiration for me to begin modding Sf. To see these together is truly a privilege Merci!

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Erikin84 updated Shining Force Graphic Upgrade & Brothers Mod Merged patch with a new update entry:

Another fix

An issue with archers not having an animation during critical or "deadly" attacks, has been fixed. It appears when I made the new battle sprite layout, it didnt like the archers/lyle being moved around. After putting them back in their normal slot in the layout, they resumed their animation during those attacks...wierd i say.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
This is probably my most favourite SF1 mod of all time. I love how each release sees a new area improved or built upon. And the fact that you're providing support patches for Lobo's extremely awesome Brother's Mod is also a very cool addition. Keep up the awesome work!

sevwren

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Just curious, is there any possibility of this being updated to include the current v3.0e version of the Shining Force Graphic Upgrade mod?

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Just curious, is there any possibility of this being updated to include the current v3.0e version of the Shining Force Graphic Upgrade mod?
It's possible, but it could be a long process, unless I skip adding new enemies in the battles. But it is doable.

Bleu7384

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Good Morning, hope you are good, i am having trouble getting the mod to work.... i am applying it via Lunar IPS to a standard Shining force (U) rom (this is what i have used for most of the mods to be fair and they all work all ok, for example, the brothers mod, doomblades hack, shining force alternative). not really to sure what i'm doing wrong, is the link old? i downloaded both of the downloads availible from the link and i can't get either of them to work, the older one the shining force title screen is a bit garbled and buggers up after the initial meeting with simone and the most recent one i can go name my character and then when it is meant to show the opening title 'chapter 1' it just goes to black
I did try to load a save state from another mod i had in the hope if i got past that screen it will sort it self out but as soon as i speak to somebody it just goes to black again.
Did i need to expand the original rom on the shining force editor? i noticed i could not load up the adjusted rom on the editor either (but you can't with shining force alternative either but that does work ok)
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

Bleu7384

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Scrap that! I’ve got it to work! What I’ve got now is definitely a new mod as Max is armed with an arming sword