• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Shining Force: Legacy of the Ancients

Shining Force: Legacy of the Ancients 1.0.5

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Great work, @Ivan_Cal Really eager to check this one out. I'm really thrilled to see some of my suggested fixes make it into your mod, too. I've made revisions to the 'fix list' over the past few months and I'll see if I can get the current draft online at some point.

Cheers for sharing your work on the site. Really solid effort all around. (y)

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Great work, @Ivan_Cal Really eager to check this one out. I'm really thrilled to see some of my suggested fixes make it into your mod, too. I've made revisions to the 'fix list' over the past few months and I'll see if I can get the current draft online at some point.

Cheers for sharing your work on the site. Really solid effort all around. (y)
Yes, and again, thanks for making that list, there were a ton of fixes that I wouldn't have noticed . Almost all of them are featured into the mod.

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Ivan_Cal updated Shining Force: Legacy of the Ancients with a new update entry:

Patch 1.0.1

Bug Fixes
-Fixed a bug causing the roof to not disappear when you approach in the shops of Waral.
-Fixed a walkable tile in a wall next to the headquarters in Bustoke.
-Fixed a misplaced tile in a house of Runefaust.
-Fixed a wrongly assigned range in the arrow launchers.
-Fixed an overworld tile that had an unpolished corner, repeated along all the game.
-Fixed a bug causing the shield spell blocking item effects (medical herb, healing seed, antidote, and shower of cure) instead of...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score

Patch 1.0.2

Bugfixes
-Fixed a bug in vanilla causing buffs/debuffs not wearing off after the message saying it finished, and staying considerably longer.
-Fixed a bug in vanilla causing Domingo to be targeted as a super high priority target for enemy AI, now he is mid priority (over knights, warriors, etc. but below mages, archers, healers, etc.)
-Fixed a bug in vanilla causing the enemy AI not identifying the wizard class as a priority target at all, unlike they do with mages. Now mages retain...

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Great work @Ivan_Cal

Really appreciate all of your efforts in supporting the mod and fixing bugs lickety-split. (y)

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score

Patch 1.0.3

Bugfixes
- Fixed the status effect spells not giving experience in vanilla (muddle, sleep, dispel, slow, quick, attack, and shield) - Special thanks to Xeno for this!
- I realized that the original game was tested and balanced with the land effect not working, and that by fixing the land effect, I made everyone too tanky. To fix this, i reduced all non-flying force member's defense by 15%. - Special thanks to CirrusAF for making me realize this!
- Now all promoted rangers will correctly display their special attack animations.
- Fixed the marionette haunting you after the battle.

Graphics
- Added new artwork for promoted Diane.
- Polished Gong, Kokichi, Diane, Khris, and Lowe.
- Fixed the green color in the circus tent not being correctly displayed.

New Features
- Now Lug and Gort will correctly display a sword/axe in their map sprites, depending in what weapon type they have in their inventory.
- Started reworking the music scripts, so that they enhance the situations happening in the plot, currently implemented in the intro scene.

Last edited:

acsound

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I (think that I) applied the patch to a 1.5 MB BIN file (Shining Force (U) [!]); the updated graphics appear, but Max is at Lv. 20 w/maxed out stats.

SF1_maxedOUT-Max.png

Clearly, something went wrong...

Repatched it onto a 1.5 MB BIN (using IPS XP to patch); it expanded the ROM automatically...and maxed out Max's HP and MP, w/him as a SDMN at Lv. 20. Also tried patching it to an expanded vanilla SF1 rom (to 6MB): same issue.

Do I just promote Max and keep on trucking, can this be fixed, or is Max supposed to be overleveled?

Last edited:

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
I (think that I) applied the patch to a 1.5 MB BIN file (Shining Force (U) [!]); the updated graphics appear, but Max is at Lv. 20 w/maxed out stats.

View attachment 5016

Clearly, something went wrong...

Repatched it onto a 1.5 MB BIN (using IPS XP to patch); it expanded the ROM automatically...and maxed out Max's HP and MP, w/him as a SDMN at Lv. 20. Also tried patching it to an expanded vanilla SF1 rom (to 6MB): same issue.

Do I just promote Max and keep on trucking, can this be fixed, or is Max supposed to be overleveled?
Hello! Max is not supposed to be overleveled, i must have uploaded the testing rom instead of the regular playing one in the last patch. Should be a quick fix. Thanks for the report and sorry about the late response!

Edit: Udated the version with a fix, it's ready to play again!

Last edited:

acsound

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hello! Max is not supposed to be overleveled, i must have uploaded the testing rom instead of the regular playing one in the last patch. Should be a quick fix. Thanks for the report and sorry about the late response!

Edit: Udated the version with a fix, it's ready to play again!

Thank you. :) I appreciate it.

Gilthas

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hi Ivan,

Thanks for fixing the maxed Max! I'm nearly at the end of the game but am experiencing an issue with the shopkeepers in Runefaust. The game thinks they don't exist because when I try to talk to them it says 'No one is in that direction':
shop.PNG

Any ideas here? While most of the stuff I don't need, it would be nice to grab a Buster Shot and not being able to repair my weapons/gear will make leveling Adam a lot more tedious (I want to try him out as I have never once used him in all my dozen playthroughs :ROFL:)

Kane to the Max

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hey this is awesome! How do I open it in the editor? It won't open in rubixcuber's 3.4.4 version, it just crashes it.

Thanks!

Kane to the Max

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Thanks for the replay. Is sfeditor different than rubix’s one, if so where can i find it? If not, what steps could i be taking thats causing rubix’s editor to crash? Thanks!

Kane to the Max

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I even tried the graphics upgrade 3.2 one as well and the editor just closes when I open the .bin file with ips patch applied. I am doing something wrong? The .bin works fine when playing the game on gens though. So, not sure what I'm missing here.

Kane to the Max

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Got it working. Think there was something wrong with the editor I had. I just redownloaded it from here and it's working. Thanks everyone!

Deerayv

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Thanks for the replay. Is sfeditor different than rubix’s one, if so where can i find it? If not, what steps could i be taking thats causing rubix’s editor to crash? Thanks!
Try to find it in sfcentral forums