• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Shining Force - Brothers Mod

Shining Force - Brothers Mod v3.3

BROTHERS MOD v3.0 RELEASE!

As announced on the sixth anniversary date of the mod, today we are releasing v3.0!

This time the major change is having Kane as a playable character!
smile.gif

Unfortunately, as expanded characters feature is not yet fully functional, I had to put him in place of some other force member. Anyway, I think it's worth the price.

That apart, we have some other updates too, most of them graphicwise and due to Erikin's efforts to better the game sprites.

Erikin has been a big partner in this update!
If it wasn't for his work on Kane's sprites and his endless appetite for discussing changes and testing them ingame, we wouldn't have this update as soon as now.
Thank you, mate!
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
thumbsup.gif
smile.gif

About Kane's battle sprites I have to thank Steve (projectego) and his fellow Dan, the artist that originally drew them.
thumbsup.gif

I have done some minor sprite work too, like Kane's new map sprites.
wink.gif
shifty.gif

And, of course, I have to thank Rubix once again!
If it wasn't for his incredible editor, this mod wouldn't be here in first place. And neither this update would have been possible to create!
thumbsup.gif

So, that's it!
Brothers Mod v3.0 is out now, featuring:

- Kane as a playable character!
- One of the original 30 characters doesn't join the force anymore.
- One of the original 30 characters join at a slightly different point of the game. (One battle later.)
- New battle sprites for mages/wizards!
- New battle sprites for Mishaela!
- New sprites for some weapons!
- Modified list of items, including revised names for boost items and exclusion of 2 items.
- Some new dialogues, reflecting Kane's new story.
- Brand new scene, with full new dialogue, in Kane's joining event!
excited.gif

- One original scene and dialogue cut off.
Reactions: Steve
Author
Lobo
Downloads
Views
First release
Last update
Rating
5.00 star(s) 2 ratings

More resources from Lobo

Latest updates

1. Brothers Mod v3.3

Brothers Mod v3.3 features: *** No more promotion sickness! Promoted stats doesn't get cut in...

Latest reviews

Warning this review will contain spoilers of a game that’s been out since 1991 so if you haven’t played it then...well you should stop reading this and play it right now. “Playable Kane yesssss!” I thought to myself. Kane was one of the first if not the first character I was truely upset over when he passed (hey shut up I was 9 at the time). Now I haven’t played Shining Force in a little while probably since 2008 but when I picked it up I just started rolling through until the initial battle. First battle: Goblins grouping together...hmm that’s new. I’ll just move Max up and wreck these gob...*Max is exhausted* Okay so this is definitely new. Yes playable Kane but with a brutal catch as this is not your average Shining Force. This is bring your A game and your A team as every battle will feel like a milestone. I felt like it was Shining Tactics all over again. I cannot tell you how many times I egressed from the circus tent and the mayor with sweat on his face asking me if his child is safe. No he’s not safe but hey now I’m level 13 (I postpone certain character’s promotions). I made Gong my tank and forced him to chug every protect milk I saved. I’m pretty sure he had a stomach ache from it. The new battle art for certain characters and bosses fit more in line with their sprites which I loved. By the time I got Kane I didn’t care as I felt more accomplished just getting to that point. He was just the icing on the cake. For people looking for a challenge and an excellent mod with up to date sprites and new battle focuses this is a great mod that will test your SRPG limits. As others will inquire about this mod with your feat of accomplishment you’ll say to them “Do you even SF Brothers, Bro?”
An amazing mod that gets better every year! I've followed this through the years and v3.0 is the best release yet! Go Lobo!