• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Resource icon

Difficult Difficulty 1.0

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Shouldn't Ouch's change be "Base ATT and DEF of enemies both increased by 25% over HARD and SUPER" ? As well as it having the best AI out of all the difficulty settings?

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
The new "Ouch!" difficulty essentially combines the new Hard mode's Defense with vanilla Super's Attack, so saying that both are increased by 25% over Normal is correct.

Now, if you're suggesting that another 25% should be applied on top of that, well... I don't think so :)

In fact, I've been playing through the game as I was worried the boosted Defense might be too much, and while I've certainly encountered some tough nuts to crack, it's been manageable so I'd say the difficulty feels about right as it is.

That said, I'd love if you let me know about your experience with the patch, so I'm attaching a save state in case you'd be interested in giving it a quick look. That one has proved to be one of the toughest battles so far.

Attachments

• sf2-battle-14-new-ouch-difficulty.zip
    41.9 KB · Views: 3

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Ah okay. Your description confused me. Nevermind. But anyway I definitely wanna try it sometime.