• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Everyone wants it, so I request...

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Very nice! I would use that portrait in a heartbeat!

RedArcher

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Contributor
Reaction score
I never even thought that I'll see something like this done for the game. Great job, Lynx! Now all we need is a possibility to modify the game cutscenes...

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Updating the list of npcs who deserves a portrait:
0 - Minister - Done
1 - Bowie's Mom
2 - Old Hawel
3 - Volcanon
4 - Goliath
5 - Fairy; - Done
Edit: 6 - Dwarven Blacksmith

Last edited:

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
I second that list

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
Don't worry about the Minister. If he doesn't have a portrait, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Updating the list of npcs who deserves a portrait:
1 - Bowie's Mom
2 - Old Hawel
3 - Volcanon
4 - Goliath

maybe this weekend do any of these (if they do not make me do exams at the university)

Don't worry about the Minister. If he doesn't have a portrait, it doesn't matter. He's old anyway.
hahahahaha ,than cruel T_T

Last edited:

RedArcher

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Contributor
Reaction score
Volcanon doesn't need a portrait. He does already have one in the SF Gaiden: Final Conflict. You just need to do some resizing and color adjustment.

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Volcanon doesn't need a portrait. He does already have one in the SF Gaiden: Final Conflict. You just need to do some resizing and color adjustment.
Thats true, it can be a a good base to convert him to Sf2 style. Maybe eyes glowing when he talks.

maybe this weekend do any of these (if they do not make me do exams at the university)
Great!

RedArcher

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, and BTW, am I the only one here who thinks that Bowie's mom needs not only a portrait, but a completely new map sprite too?

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
that portrait makes it look more like a swan than a fenix, I was thinking of using the fenix design of monster farm / monster rancher. and make it look like stone.
491931351_small.jpg

I imagined to volcanon in this way ( I think I hate most of the final conflict designs >.<)

Thats true, it can be a a good base to convert him to Sf2 style. Maybe eyes glowing when he talks.

Great!
if I like the idea of the eyes.

Oh, and BTW, am I the only one here who thinks that Bowie's mom needs not only a portrait, but a completely new map sprite too?
I was also thinking about it, but I did not want to get away from the original idea, I do not know how old she was, I imagined her chubby with her current sprite, I guess that otherwise I would imagine her thin.
de2.png

a bit like this drawing that I found.

Last edited:

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Maybe she can be blonde like her son.

that portrait makes it look more like a swan than a fenix,

Now I cant unseen the swan! lol!
Remember that when the portrait shows up normally the characters are near the giant statue of him, so the portrait and statue cannot be so much different. I think the size of statue was the reason developers dont gave him a portrait, because its already cover great part of the room and its bigger than a normal character; but my theory cant survive because of zeon hehe.

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Maybe she can be blonde like her son.

Now I cant unseen the swan! lol!
Remember that when the portrait shows up normally the characters are near the giant statue of him, so the portrait and statue cannot be so much different. I think the size of statue was the reason developers dont gave him a portrait, because its already cover great part of the room and its bigger than a normal character; but my theory cant survive because of zeon hehe.

And do not forget to Taros. I think we see some bigger than another by the map sprite

example1.png

this is for now the idea that I have of volcanon (I will improve it when it inspires me and I have time).

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Even near the big sprite the portrait looks apropriate.
An idea: Talk - Eyes glow; blink: aura glow;

So, your idea is to make him orange like a real phoenix?

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Even near the big sprite the portrait looks apropriate.
An idea: Talk - Eyes glow; blink: aura glow;

So, your idea is to make him orange like a real phoenix?
Yes, I achieved that the fenix monster rancher resembled volcanon and then I thought about the volcanoes and the possible relationship that exists, that is, they were on top of a very high mountain, and if it represented a volcano? , a volcano may be inactive and after a certain time be active again, volcanon could be petrified in an inactive state, and one day it could reactivate its internal flame and move from stone to fire (a crazy theory that I had xD) apart from that its name is similar to volcan and I thought about how it would be a post game for sf2 where volcanom regains its strength and challenges you to a fight, fight against a god, it would be epic, I think I'll animate the map sprite, just for fun, and now I will make a section for all the portraits that I have, so it will be more orderly and I will not be afraid of losing everything if my pc bursts

Last edited:

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I see, the idea of the statue comes to fire and turns into a phoenix god is really epic. We see a similar scenario of a good and powerful being challenging the force in book 3 of sf cd.

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Fairy added, I based myself on an LadyHentai design (I made it from 0 just looking, it was horrible, but I liked the design so I did not stop)

50832.png

I do not know which will be next on the list, I'll think about it when I have time
1 - Bowie's Mom
2 - Old Hawel
3 - Goliath

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I never saw that ladyhentai person good works before. She/He should be here. Your conversion are very good. She looks cute!

About Goliath, I think you can be creative. He uses a common worker sprite, but his name and context sugest he is something else. A servant of Creed, who knows a lot about magic and can do some tricks are definitely not the same as a granseal sailor worker. I can imagine him like a quasimodo-like servant, a half-giant or other type of bizarre humanoid. I think even his skin can be blue, purple or another color.