• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Everyone wants it, so I request...

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Holy moly, @Lynx! You're a machine! Both the Minister and Volcannon are looking incredible! Thank you so much for sharing and hope you decide to continue with with the Volcannon piece. Cheers!

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Updating the list of npcs who deserves a portrait:
1 - Bowie's Mom
2 - Old Hawel
3 - Volcanon
4 - Goliath
Edit: 5 - Fairy; How could I forgot her?
Fairy added, I based myself on an LadyHentai design (I made it from 0 just looking, it was horrible, but I liked the design so I did not stop)

View attachment 3892

I do not know which will be next on the list, I'll think about it when I have time
1 - Bowie's Mom
2 - Old Hawel
3 - Goliath
How about the Dwarven Blacksmith?

Lyanel

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Fairy added, I based myself on an LadyHentai design (I made it from 0 just looking, it was horrible, but I liked the design so I did not stop)
You did a fantasitc work but ...
I think that keeping most of the original pic make the face too small + I'm not well convinced by how you did eyes and mouth.
So i tried to do it by reducing the original image of Lady hentai (since i'm not fit for pixel art), but well, i really don't like how i made her closed eyes. (even if i like how i made her mouth open ;) )...

LMP, who would like for someone to make a better job than me...

Attachments

• Portrait F.png
    Portrait F.png
    1.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
You did a fantasitc work but ...
I think that keeping most of the original pic make the face too small + I'm not well convinced by how you did eyes and mouth.
So i tried to do it by reducing the original image of Lady hentai (since i'm not fit for pixel art), but well, i really don't like how i made her closed eyes. (even if i like how i made her mouth open ;) )...

LMP, who would like for someone to make a better job than me...
You're right, I think at that time I wanted to reflect the small size of the fairy, but that affected the quality of the drawing, I planned to make a better version a few months ago, I even made a scale replica of the original art, I thought it could be a better base, but for reasons of time I left it on pause, this is the scale replica I did:
hadas4.png

yours is much better than the one I made a long time ago, it is more similar to the original art n.n
maybe I should base myself on yours for a new version of the portrait

Last edited:

Runesamurai

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
The Dwarven Blacksmith totally deserves a portrait. I mean he's the guy who makes those legendary weapons that you can't get anywhere else for you.

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Im positive ive seen a goliath portrait. Is it not yours, Lynx? I'll post it when i find it.

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
And do not forget to Taros. I think we see some bigger than another by the map sprite

View attachment 3807

this is for now the idea that I have of volcanon (I will improve it when it inspires me and I have time).
I think his beak in the portrait should have a pointier beak, his beak in the map tiles looks so pointy and sharp it could poke an eye on you.

Lyanel

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
yours is much better than the one I made a long time ago, it is more similar to the original art n.n
maybe I should base myself on yours for a new version of the portrait
I don't mind since it's just a rezise of LadyHentai work, the best would be to ask her in fact ;).
Also, i tried to do the same with the King Bowie portrait, but couldn't work on the eyes/mouth, if someone want to try here is the resize...

LMP, Future world...

Attachments

• Lady Hentai - King Bowie.png
    Lady Hentai - King Bowie.png
    1.2 KB · Views: 4

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Here's Goliath, and an edit of the npc without the hat it usually has (intended to be the dwarven blacksmith?). Neither of them were done by me, y just recued from the discord lost history chat.

Attachments

• goliathP1.gif
    goliathP1.gif
    2.1 KB · Views: 1
  • goliathP2.gif
    goliathP2.gif
  • goliathP3.gif
    goliathP3.gif
  • 33-NPC.gif
    33-NPC.gif
    1.4 KB · Views: 2

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
I don't mind since it's just a rezise of LadyHentai work, the best would be to ask her in fact ;).
Also, i tried to do the same with the King Bowie portrait, but couldn't work on the eyes/mouth, if someone want to try here is the resize...

LMP, Future world...
I have all the ladyhentai portraits but I have not encouraged them, that bowie king is one of the two versions he did, the other one slightly changes the hair, I asked a russian speaker to ask for permission in my place to use his art for the future shining force mod alternate 2, but he received no response, animating the portraits is the easy part, the difficult thing is for a Russian woman to answer you n_n!

Here's Goliath, and an edit of the npc without the hat it usually has (intended to be the dwarven blacksmith?). Neither of them were done by me, y just recued from the discord lost history chat.
That goliath needs improvement, let's see if these days I can do something for him.