• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Guy Jepson's Challenge Mode

Guy Jepson's Challenge Mode 1.5.0

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Hey @Guy Jepson Thank you for releasing your mod and allowing us to host it for you (y)

One user mentioned the following but I have not been able to verify it:

[This] mod is broken at creeds mansion. It freezes at evil spirit everytime

Just wanted to get it posted here for your consideration. Appreciate your time and hard work. :cool:

Guy Jepson

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Sorry for my late reply. I was aware of the Evil Spirit glitch. This is a problem with versions before v1.3.2. It should be fixed for version 1.3.2 and onward. The version that is linked in the OP is v1.5.0 which should have this bug fixed. A fan recently told me that an earlier version of GJCM (Guy Jepson's Challenge Mode) has been circulating around on a compilation Sega Genesis/Mega Dive ROM hacks. The bug was caused by a code error cause by my initial attempt to make the Creed's Mansion Characters join after beating Zalbard, instead of Frayja joining.

Anyone reading this: Make sure you are playing at least v1.3.2 or later. Any earlier version may be... unplayable.

I would like to issue a formal apology for this inconvenience to any who have been afflicted. I worked hard to make sure my Hack was bug-free, but I must have missed it. I deeply regret this transgression.

On a brighter note, I'm busy polishing up my final version of GLCMv1.6.4 which is, in my opinion, the greatest way to play!

ObliterateTheSun

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Good evening Mr. Guy Jepson. Thank you kindly for dedicating your time to further polish your mod. I have played this mod several times through different releases and have always enjoyed the punishing difficulty of your OUCH. I wanted to advise you however that I am currently running v1.5.0 and unexpectedly had my game soft lock at creed's mansion. I tried a variety of ways to bypass the softlock by dumping all my inventory or inserting game genie cheats to leave the mansion and return. Alas, I could not proceed. Fortunately, I was able to clear the mansion after I loaded my save state into a vanilla SF2 Rom, and re-import the save state back your mod after I cleared the mansion.

Best Regards