• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Resource icon

Force Member Pelle (Rune Knight)

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
Fantastic work! Dan and you really nailed that one. This rendition of Pelle looks much more intimidating and powerful as he should.

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Thank you! Dan really did nail the design awesome. The brief as I recall it effectively specified a playable Rune Knight with Pelle's head, which is what Dan delivered and then some. Now just wait until you see Dan's efforts on updated Earnest...

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
Earnest is an interesting case. He looks just like a "regular" knight in the official artworks, but in-game his portrait and map sprites show him wearing a Rune Knight armor as Pelle, but without the, uh, cloth-thing covering the horse part.

I can't wait to see which direction you guys will take. I mean, either way would be "correct" I think. Regardless, I'm sure the art will be awesome. :)

MienshaoX

Shining Supporter
Reaction score
slvr knt pelle.png
Pelle's new sprite's have been super fun to play with in the editor!!! I have already added a extra palette for another Rune Knight character i have planned as well as the Rune Knight class.

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Very cool indeed! He's rockin' that purple nicely.

Can't wait to learn more about your other playable Rune Knight character! Perhaps another Runefaust defector?

MienshaoX

Shining Supporter
Reaction score
Glad your eager to learn more about one of my planned new character's! His name is Dominus a high ranking captain that will be taking Elliot's place on the first battle of chapter 4 (Elliot will join you prior to this) as well as showing up on the laser eye battle briefly he will also have a short exchange with Earnest about Balbazak warning him that his effort's are a waste. I won't spoil how he will join tho ;). On a side note though did Dan ever get around to finishing Elliot? He has always been hands down my favorite character as well as Kane.

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Sounds awesome! I think having Elliot join would add a great dynamic to proceeding boss battles, and I'm very eager to see what you have planned for his meeting with Balbazak.

And as a matter of fact Elliot is indeed finished for the most part. Dan first produced artwork of Elliot in mid 2016 and it was awesome, but we revisited the project again in 2017 and he took it to the next level! He designed a helmet-wearing and non-helmet-wearing variant (identical sprites effectively, bar for the inclusion of exclusion of his helmet), so there's that too.

I'll get Elliot cleaned up and posted ASAP.

MienshaoX

Shining Supporter
Reaction score
Wow thank you so much steve! You and Dan's work will never cease to surprise me :)