• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

SF Lover

Eman

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hey Force,
I grew with the shining force like many and fell in love with it.. Loved the characters, the strategy depth to it and just its layout captivated my brothers and i...

Wanted to ask other SF lovers... what made you fall in love with SF or at least what was the dominant factor that made you play it again and again. Only a few games made me do that...

Also heard there is english now to all 3 sf3..is that true?

RedArcher

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Contributor
Reaction score
Hey there, Eman ;) Nice to have another SF fan join us :).

As for me, SF II was my first game in the series and also the first RPG I've ever played. Instantly fell in love with its music, graphics and interesting battle system. Continued playing for quite some time after I've finally completed it and even now I play it sometimes. Hope there will be some new SF II mods for me to try out :).

And yes, all three SF III's scenarios have been translated into English (Scenario 1 even has a corrected ending), and the work is still in progress.

Eman

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hey RedArcher,
Thanks for the response. So to be more clear...are the SF3 playable or they still in japanese? If it is playable know where i can downloaded it from?

So play any games similar to SF3 that you like too? I aint so crazy about FE as many are... just doesnt do it for me as FFT and TO are classic greats...
I feel in love due to the simlistic storyline and yet complex character system... I never felt limited

RedArcher

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, all 3 scenarios can be played in English, but the discs need to be patched first. You can ask about the detailed information here - SF III Translation Project.
About other RPGs similar to SF... Tried FEDA The Emblem of Justice because of the huge amount of similarities to the SF series, but didn't like it much after all. Too complicated for me.

As for the other RPG series like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest etc. - didn't have much time to try them out :)

Eman

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
ah gotcha. Well loading up sf1 again as trying to see what made it so great ...as played many tbrpg and none did so well for me as xcom etc...
playing anything lately?