• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

SRPGs - Trying to find some more to play

Deacon

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just beat Feda: Emblem of Justice (Sonia is an amazing character) and I’m trying to find more T/SRPGs out there. Stella Deus is on my list to play but I’m starting to run short of ideas. I’m looking for games with a class system unless I -have- to play it based on recommendations from y’all. Here’s what I’ve got so far under my belt and please tell me what I’m missing out on so I can play it!
SF Series, Ogre Battle MotBQ, LUCT, and 64, FFT, Brigandine, Bahamut Lagoon, Kartia, Arc the Lad Collection, Fallout Brotherhood of Steel, Jeanne d’ arc, Disgea 3, Baldur’s Gate/Icewind Dale, Pillars of Eternity, Divinity OS 1 & 2, Banner Saga, Fire Emblem Sacred Stone, Awakening, and Fates, and Feda. Thanks!!

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
Looks like YOU should be recommending me an SRPG to play!

Hmmm, let's see... I don't see Saiyuki: Jouney West on your list. It doesn't have a class system (boo!), instead you recruit characters with pre-defined abilites as you advance in the story, much like in Shining Force. It's pretty straightforward, which works for me, and having played FFT you should feel right at home with this game's presentation.

Deacon

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
I’ll download that tonight! I’ve never heard of it so that’s awesome thanks!