• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

I am making a Shining Force-like.

Megamonk123

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I currently started working on learning to make a game similar to the Shining Force Gaiden games and I thought This community might enjoy seeing the progress. Attached are images of the map graphics for some of the levels. The character models, portraits, and attack backgrounds are just placeholders I am using temporarily to help me get the game working. I am using AI to help me with graphics and music. I have about 10 levels working and mostly balanced using the default game engine graphics and am primarily working on my own graphics for the game before I move further on. My gameplay and level designs are pretty unique too and I would love to share them with you. Please let me know what you think!

P.S. If self promotion is against the guidelines here, then I will remove my posts, I just want to be able to share my game with other people who might get excited for it.

Attachments

• S1.png
    S1.png
    90.4 KB · Views: 14
  • S2.png
    S2.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 10
  • S3.png
    S3.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 9
  • S4.png
    S4.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 7
  • S5.png
    S5.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 7
  • S6.png
    S6.png
    55.8 KB · Views: 10
  • S7.png
    S7.png
    219 KB · Views: 13

Ivan_Cal

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Looks awesome, it's nice to see shining force inspired games!

lavathor

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Oh interesting. Are you following the Shining Force lore/story or doing something else?

MistarerX

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Good show there Megamonk!! I was just looking for the downlow on the Shining Force Gaiden 1 translation to English. I think I can see it was likely deemed a bit too beta to bother with the effort - graphically - and everyone is keen to point out is is basically upgraded and available in SFCD. I am just playing through the Sword of Hajya for the first time myself. On the Anbernic RG ARC (PicoDrive works great for it - I say even though my last save failed and I aboout to redo a couple of the near end-game battles, so annoying - U need to let it tick over a bit I think I may have switched off too quick pushing bedtime as I was). Gaiden 1 need more than just a language patch to be a worthy joiner to 2.... maybe this is in Ur ballpark??

Definitely totally love The Sword of Hajya graphical style its great on the small screen. Totally stoked at this announcement. I just hope it will be GG compatible!! Sil vous plais ;)

MistarerX

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Furtherly, with regard to the use of AI.... This is something I've been getting excited about recently. Specifically when it comes to Shining Force III. Ive played that through a few times now and am convinced it is the perfect game format. Haha. Lets just say it plays like a symphony. Really love the kitchness of the graphical style and all that. It is the eptimomy of the retro heights. And all that. Over at Shining Force Central I posted a thread bigging up the possibilities for AI in SFIII regenerations (this be the word). I think there is some understandable aversion to it over there. Only one response. It will be appreciated if someone with AI experience may find a moment to chime in. For myself, as well as others. I am but a big ideas man who is still on Win7 and did the wrong courses at university. No innate understanding of the real capacities of the softwares available today...

Heres the link: Using AI to write code for rehashes!?!