• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Kazin should have 2 frames idle animation

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
look at this video made when sf2 was in development. You can see that kazin originally would wear blue robe and have 2 frame idle animation.

You can see him with a staff the not is in the final game too.
And sarah has a hat!

RedArcher

Shining Buddy
Pixel Artist
Contributor
Reaction score
You know, I think it would be pretty easy for a skilled pixel artist to restore those for a further use in a fan games or a mods.
I also think that every animation in SF II that lacks some frames should be updated.
And also I think it's pretty disappointing when the game meets some kind of limitations due to whose some content needs to be cut out.

I can try to restore Kazin's idle and palette, if you want. I need to do some pixel art work to back into the groove anyway ;)
Not sure about the staff though, but I can try it too.

Last edited:

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
It would be great RedArcher, you sure are a skilled artist. Love your swordswoman sprite.
Im dissapointed too to discover that the game had some content cut, maybe theres more that we will never know.
About the staff, is this a SF1 staff?

Lynx

Shining Supporter
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
would it be a beta version ?, I was curious to know what else was different in the game * - *

You know, I think it would be pretty easy for a skilled pixel artist to restore those for a further use in a fan games or a mods.
I also think that every animation in SF II that lacks some frames should be updated.
And also I think it's pretty disappointing when the game meets some kind of limitations due to whose some content needs to be cut out.

I can try to restore Kazin's idle and palette, if you want. I need to do some pixel art work to back into the groove anyway ;)
Not sure about the staff though, but I can try it too.

It would be great if you could restore it, it's like digging up a historical treasure n_n

DiegoMM

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Its even before the prototypes. The game was still under development. We can see Sarah didnt have a portrait yet

Xeno

Shining Buddy
Epic Contributor
SF2 Hacker
Reaction score
Also, is it just me, or does Bowie's battle animation suddenly makes a whole more sense when we see him wielding a decently sized sword? :LOL: