By this I mean an effect that would linger after a spell gets cast, like a status effect of sorts. Here are a few ideas to help hammer home the concept.
- Burning - This one would be caused by a Blaze spell, Apollo summon, Katon spell, or belched flame, with the chance increasing based on the level of spell and character. A character with the Burning status effect would have an increased Attack, but diminished accuracy, occasional loss of control (i.e. the character would sometimes move and attack without player input), and gradual hit point reduction. A Burning character would be more susceptible to Water based attacks like the Kraken's breath or a Neptune summon. Peter, Lemon, and Kiwi would be immune to Burning, as would certain enemies such as the Hellhound.
- Frozen - Much like the Burning status effect, this one would be caused by relevant spells and abilities such as Freeze, possibly Neptune, and pertinent breath effects. A Frozen character would be unable to move a majority of the time, but occasionally able to move by one square. Their Defense would be greatly increased, but they would be unable to Dodge or Counter, and would be more susceptible to Fire based attacks.
- Jolted - Sort of like Boost, except this would be caused by a Bolt spell, Raijin spell, or an Atlas summon. A Jolted character would have increased turn rate, improved Double Attack, Dodge, and Counter chances, but would often attack themselves in combat, especially if the opponent were still alive. Claude would be immune to being Jolted, as would any earthen (Golem, Mud Man) or rooted enemy (Prism Flower, Zeon Guard).
- Windswept - The only spell I can really think of right now that would cause this status effect would be Blast. A Windswept character would have the power of flight movement and increased agility, but a diminished attack and a greater susceptibility to ranged attacks. Additionally, when the Windswept status effect wore off, the character would sustain damage from the fall, with the intensity being determined by the kind of terrain. A fall onto anything normally inaccessible by foot would cause the character to either be completely stuck (bodies of water, mountaintops) or die altogether (gorges, fissures, lava). Characters who fly by default are immune to being Windswept. However, flying characters who are Frozen will sustain fall damage when immobilized.
- Possessed - This would be caused by Galam Breath and Zeon's Demon Breath. A possessed character cannot be controlled and will attack allies until forcibly stopped, i.e. you'd have to deal a certain amount of damage before you could regain control of the character. If a Possessed character is not saved in time, they will attempt to Desoul themselves after a set amount of turns. Healing classes have a reduced chance of being possessed and upon trying to Desoul themselves will instead purge forth a Gizmo, which must be eliminated before it possesses someone else and becomes more powerful.