• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Suggestion Ability to copy/paste text string into editor to auto-position Portrait sprite tiles

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
I start over from scratch a lot, and I flip between characters a lot. And even with the co-ordinates written down, it can still take a while to input the necessary tile co-ordinates to properly animate a new portrait. I propose an option be introduced into the editor whereby a user can paste a text string into a text field, per individual portrait sprite screen, and upon pasting, the editor will interpret the intended co-ordinates.

To illustrate, perhaps a syntax similar to this would contain a new character's portrait animation information:

Code:
6,0,2,4;7,0,3,4|6,1,2,5;7,1,3,5

(this is essentially Max's unpromoted portrait animation utilising my proposed syntax)

...I could include a pre-tested portrait animation per resource page to massively streamline mod development and alleviate any possible headaches caused by wrongly evaluating tile co-ordinates.

Please let me know what you think. I've had this idea jotted down for about 8 months and I thought it was high time to post it.

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
So its like a preset, that can be imported over? yes please!

MienshaoX

Shining Supporter
Reaction score
Ease of access is always a plus in my book! Helps draw in more creators that might be intimidated from the editor in some ways.

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
I think this can be expanded much further even down to installing new Force/enemy character packs, even down to individual stats. But we'll have to see what @rubixcuber thinks.