• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Bug Battle sprite palette inaccuracies for Amon and Kokichi

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
Kokichi's unpromoted battle sprite colour palette (Sprite: 12; Palette: 0) does not appear correctly in the editor. His wings display a grey colour when they should be orange:

LByMKyK.png

There is a similar issue with Amon's promoted battle sprite (Sprite: 30; Palette: 1) in that the palette does not match his -- oops, I mean her -- in-game palette.

gPVfcKQ.png

Last edited:

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
Did you just assume Amon’s gender? Haha

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
LOL! Slip of the tong-- keyboard, I guess! :p

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
rubixcuber said:
[...]

And yeah, this was talked about back when palette stuff was being brought up a lot. That's technically not a bug, just a consequence of the weird hard-coded palette manipulation they do. I think I'll maybe make some changes to address that stuff

The image is technically stored like it shows, with the gray. But for whatever reason they don't use all of saved colors and overwrite it with the four fixed menu colors

I'm thinking about just giving an option / button to emulate the colors that are modified

I don't really feel right 100% locking out of those color slots, because technically they are totally usable, and you could display one of those sprites using those colors in general if we ended up doing some other stuff, but I could make that the default mode and then you'd have to uncheck a thing to reveal those colors

So it's clearer and matches what you see in game