• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Prospective new Shining Force mod - The SEGA Force

Midori-21

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
Earlier this year, me and some friends started working on an ambitious new shining force mod.
There's a lot of work to be done and I'd like to share the idea here to see if others are interested before continuing work on it.

Presenting, the SEGA Force mod!
086f7c09e4713adb4e521e57505e5642.png
Our mod replaces all the characters (enemies included) with characters and monsters from various video games in the sega genesis,
and nobody is off the table (that means bootlegs are fair game!)

Axel stone (Streets of Rage), Michael Jackson (Moonwalker), Chun-Li (Street Fighter), Sketch Turner (Comix Zone),
and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are just a few of the characters you can expect to see in the mod.
pixil-frame-0 (6).png
The story is very different, with probably the most iconic sega genesis villain, Dr. Robotnik, replacing Darksol.
I can't give too many details on the story, just know that Robotnik is getting screwy with the balance of the universe in this mod.

Every important character in the game will be replaced by a new character from a non-shining force sega genesis game, except for our hero of the mod...

Simone!
pixil-frame-0 (3).png
Simone is gonna pull the biggest self-insert and become the hero of the story.
(Credit to Innie Panda on Discord for the awesome Simone portrait)

This mod might sound crazy and all over the place...that's because it is.
But the story will take itself seriously, with complete conviction the whole way through.

Another important aspect of the mod is that we won't just be hiking through mountains and sailing an ocean to get from level to level.
In this mod, each level will be treated as a different SEGA universe, with a different tile set tailored to the characters of that particular level.

There's still a lot of work to be done in multiple areas, I'm mostly experienced with portrait art not so much battle sprites.
What do you guys think of the mod? Is it something you'd be interested to see reach fruition?

Also if there are any experienced sprite artists who'd like to help out with the mod, my discord is midori_salas and dms are always open.

Steve

Shining Supporter
Admin
Reaction score
The idea of introducing all the best heroes from the Sega Mega Drive/Genesis era into one mod sounds very ambitious, but extremely cool! I hope you and your friends are able to move forward with development, as I'd certainly be very interested to follow the mod's progress and playthrough once it's released.

And that is some incredible portrait sprite work!