Steve's Pre-launch to-do List

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
In no particular order:
  • Port over sprite sharing tools and convert to an accessible BBcode format
  • Write up a guide on how to use aforementioned tools
  • Configure auto-topic creation functionality for mod or sprite resource submissions
  • Port over previous static template to XenForo compatible 'style' format
  • Port over bespoke Force Member Stat Generator tool
  • Finish custom Enemy Stat Generator tool
  • Port over however sprites that have been designed since the project started in January 2016
  • Convert all BMP format sprites to GIF to conserve bandwidth
  • Finalise mod sharing tools
  • Review monetisation strategies for mod authors
  • Publish advanced analytical articles pertaining to Shining Force content
  • Expand and/or restructure forum layout
Anything items with a strike through them are considered 'completed'.

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
Sure thing dude! I could really use some help with ideas for rewarding mod authors and graphics contributors. The system we have in use now supports PayPal donations that 100% go towards people willing to share their work, but I think that we can do more to say thank you. What do you think?

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
I'm liking it! Custom ranks and account upgrades are pretty easy to handle with the system we have in place now.

Steve

Administrator
Staff member
vBulletin was the bomb back in the day. It's gone down in my estimations over the years after the Internet Brands acquisition, but from what I hear the software is still pretty solid. For me it's XenForo and IP.Board all day, baby.

Hey Steve,
When do you anticipate having a beta up of the tool? Would be great to test it. Rubix's tool is just too unstable for what I'm trying to do with incorporating all of my edits. I have all the pieces in place, but it just glitches like crazy when I import.

The work so far you have put together looks awesome!