• Welcome to the Shining Force Mods Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Shining Force series, modding and, of course, video gaming.

Register Log in

Shining Force Alternate

Shining Force Alternate V2.1F

nash

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
The picodrive is the psp version of the gens emulator for windows. I am asking for save states around that part of the game (before the balbazak battle) for the kega fusion to play on pc because it seems it is safer to play the game that way. Too bad because the picodrive never crashed before, the rom was working flawlessly on that emulator

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
The main reason is because SFA's rom has been expanded to 6mb. Most genesis emulators are only compatible with 4mb(which is the norm).

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
There is a update coming in the near future. So what id recommend is come back when it drops so it'll be easier to replay since a lot will be different

mesiah21

Shining Buddy
Reaction score
If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. I am not familiar with how to apply the patch. I have Kega Fusion and a fresh copy of SF1. I can play the game on there no problem. But I am not sure how to apply the patch so I can try out Shining Force Alternate. Definitely appreciate any help. Guessing I am just missing something obvious...

Erikin84

Captain Awesome
Epic Contributor
Pixel Artist
Reaction score
If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it. I am not familiar with how to apply the patch. I have Kega Fusion and a fresh copy of SF1. I can play the game on there no problem. But I am not sure how to apply the patch so I can try out Shining Force Alternate. Definitely appreciate any help. Guessing I am just missing something obvious...
You need Lunar IPS patcher to apply the patch. A link to it is in the mod description.